Owning a Home Is No Longer A Dream
Texas State Affordable Housing Corporation provides 30 year fixed rate mortgage loans, down payment assistance grants, and second liens, as well as mortgage interest tax credits through the following programs using a network of participating lenders.
- A 30-year fixed interest rate mortgage loan, several rates and loan options available
- Down payment assistance (DPA) provided as a grant (never needs to be repaid) or forgivable second lien loan
- DPA available for up to 5% of the loan amount
- You do not have to be a first-time homebuyer
- Available statewide through a network of participating lenders. TSAHC does not require borrowers to use an approved REALTOR®, however, we provide several resources to help find a REALTOR® familiar with TSAHC’s programs.
- Income limits vary by county. Expanded income and purchase price limits available in targeted areas.
First-time buyers can also apply for a Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC). Texas Heroes who use our DPA and MCC assistance together will receive their MCC for FREE—a $500 savings! *Some exclusions apply. Contact a lender to learn more.